Ok, so this is Strawberry Sorbet. She works as a strawberry farmer, and that’s her special talent. She is generally quiet, but she stands up for what she believes. However, if you provoke her, she can be scary. Do you think that’s too Fluttershy-ish? Thanks for the help, and sorry for the bad pic- I don’t use any computer design programs.
- I don’t think she’s too Fluttershy-ish, no!
- Actually, I like her quite a bit. Here’s my critique to further improve her:
- I think her cutie mark is too simple! A single strawberry is a little underwhelming. I’d make it a bunch of strawberries, either on a vine or in some sort of pattern- or you could match her name and show some kind of sorbet, but that might be confusing since she’s a farmer and not an ice cream maker. Which may mean you want to consider changing her name to something like Strawberry Patch, or something else that alludes to farming rather than desserts.
- And then, I’d make her headband match her eyes, so that it doesn’t look like a streak in her hair that’s going the wrong direction.
- Hope that helps you! -M
What do you think of a species based on a Kelpie? As in the mythological creature, not the dog breed.
Could be interesting! You’d need to modify the myth a little to make it more MLP-friendly, though, I think. -M
Penpoint from askpenpointandfriends.tumblr.com
I am looking for a review.
She runs a bookshop called “The Nook”
- Okay, let’s take a look!
- First off, love ‘The Nook’- super cute name.
- Her actual name, though, seems a little off. Mostly because her name is ‘Penpoint’ (which I would recommend spelling Pen Point, by the by) but she doesn’t have a pen in her cutie mark- she has a pencil!
- So, I’d recommend changing the cutie mark to have a pen in it. A quill pen might look nice. You may want to change the cutie mark especially since her color scheme seems to rely heavily on browns and blues, but her cutie mark is all reds and yellows! A brown/blue cutie mark of a quill pen would fit her name and color scheme a lot better- maybe a brown quill dripping blue ink? Maybe with a blue inkwell in the background?
- If you make that change, I think she’ll be a long stronger. -M
This is my first Pony OC. I had her for a fic idea so that’s why she doesn’t have a cutie mark yet but I included a potential one.
- Okay! Let’s start with her design.
- The palette is kind of jarring. The bright red and bright green don’t really go with the soft gray. If her name is so heavily steeped in the fact that she is red, I’d actually like to see her looking like Pinkie Pie- that is, with red as both her body color and her mane color, just with one being darker and one being paler.
- From there, I wouldn’t use green as an eye color, since it’d make her look Christmas-y. If she’s gonna have yellow/gold in her future cutie mark, then that could work! Or, if you end up changing the cutie mark, any color from the mark aside from green would probably look fine… except maybe not orange/pink.
She’s an Alicorn, but not on the same level as the princesses. I figured due to logic if a Unicorn and a Pegasus did the frickle frackle, there’s a chance of a pony with both a horn and wings. She is more dominant with her flying then her magic. She uses magic for simple tasks like picking items up or such. This pony lost her memory awhile ago, and was given the name Rubey Redd by a kind traveler who found her lost and alone and took her in. She later left to go out on her own on a quest to find out who she used to be and try to see if she could get her old life back if possible.
- Mmm, unfortunately, Alicorns can’t be created that way. Alicorns can only be born to Alicorn parents (we assume, since Celestia and Luna seemingly were born that way), or they have to ascend to Alicorn-hood later in life (Twilight and Cadance). If a unicorn and a pegasus had a baby, their baby would be born either a unicorn or pegasus every time (or even an Earth Pony, if they have any of that in their lineage).
- If she lost her memory, I suppose it makes sense that her name would be based on her appearance rather than her special talent… I’d recommend just spelling it ‘Ruby Red’, though- it’s a fine name without the excess spelling weirdness.
I don’t really know what her special talent would be, but I think something to do with the stars would be cool! Hence the star and moon as the cutie mark.
- I can’t really comment on that without knowing what the specific talent is, but I hope the rest of this critique helps you! -M
Namesake is a homeless earth mare living in the alley behind an ice cream parlour (owned by a group of other OCs I have). She has a tendency to go unnoticed among a crowd (it’s why i gave her such bland colours). I haven’t actually figured out what her cutiemark means yet, only that is symbolizes something.
- I really like the concept! I also dig the cutie mark, even though you’re not sure what it means yet. My only suggestion would be, rather than teal eyes, I’d like to see the stormy gray from the cutie mark instead. -M
(link to the deviantart submission: http://soith.deviantart.com/art/Ponysona-Fianna-Eirinn-REDESIGN-428059986)
I know you aren’t a fan of traditional unicorns, but she’s my ponysona and I’m very proud of her and would like your opinion on her design! (the tail, fetlocks and curved horn are because she’s a traditional unicorn, plus she’s very small because I’m very small and she’s my ponysona so she represents me.)
- Well, you’re right that I’m not usually a fan of them, but I do kinda love it in conjunction with that cutie mark! It gives her a very unique flavor, so the traditional unicorn stuff doesn’t feel like a last-minute afterthought that was just thrown on. You clearly designed her very carefully.
- If I had any critique… Well, I like the concept of the green and orange mane, but not these hues specifically. They look too washed-out next to each other. I’d want to see her with sliiightly different tones in her mane.
- I’m also debating if I like the orange eyes or not… on one hand it seems like too much orange, but on the other hand I have no idea what color I’d put there instead. Maybe just something leaning closer to red-orange? This problem might fix itself just by changing the hue of the orange being used to something deeper as mentioned above, I dunno.
- And my last critique is that her name doesn’t seem particularly pony-ish.
- But yeah, this is one of the better traditional unicorn designs I’ve seen! Good work! -M
First off; the base I used belongs to animepegasus.deviantart.com. The actual base can be found here: http://animepegasus.deviantart.com/art/Unicorn-pony-base-female-364491299
Name: Icecream Sandwich (I’m open for suggestions seeing as it’s a bit straightforward)
- You could call her ‘Cream Between’, which was the name of the original icecream sandwhiches! But, honestly…
Cutie Mark: her cutie mark is a little square icecream sandwich. She achieved it one day when she was working in the back room of Cherry Top (see occupation) on her magic and accidentally hit a carton of plain vanilla ice cream. The ice cream was turned into a new and unique flavour and she has been creating new flavours ever since; though new and unique do not always mean good-tasting. (I’m not sure if this would count as a special talent and I’d really like to know what you think or if you have any suggestions)
- I think it’s kind of a waste for her to have such a simple cutie mark when her cream-like hair and little cherry accessories would go so nicely with a big, extravagant sundae cutie mark! I also think that would make more sense with her special talent, too!
Home: she is currently living in Baltimare
Occupation: She works with her two other sisters in their own ice cream shoppe called the Cherry Top. Icecream Sandwich specializes in creating flavours of ice cream and packaging them.
Interests/Hobbies: When she’s not working she loves to create small accessories like the little pink bow and her earring. She isn’t as crafty as some ponies but she still finds it a fun pastime. Despite being a unicorn she is not too interested in magic, but practices it for the sake of it and also to stay on the same level of magic as her older sister. She loves bright colours and she collects different types of ice cream toppings (which her younger sister and some of her friends find weird.) She also enjoys making different combinations of ice cream like strawberry-chocolate and vanilla-mocha. She doesn’t sell these but instead gives them to friends to try. She also likes messing around with puzzles.
Personality: since she was the middle child she didn’t get the same amount of time as the main filly, and this causes her to sometimes crave attention. She loves her sisters dearly as well as her parents and friends, but she’ll sometimes go to great lengths to stay in the spot light. Other than that she is a kind and extroverted pony. She loves giving advice and helping with puzzles or problems. When she isn’t craving attention she is a rather quiet pony who loves to listen to others. She can be grumpy though; especially after working long hours. During these times she’ll usually stay inside and just draw and eat ice cream.
Sorry if this was too long. I really do hope you like her! My main worry is that she’s too much like pinkie pie, so if you think there is anything I could do to fix her I’d love to hear it! Thank you in advance
- I think she’s great! I just think that she should be themed around sundaes rather than ice cream sandwhiches- I think it’ll make a lot more sense with her design! -M
I'd like some help, do you have a name for a pony that causes a lot of trouble yet always has a solution for them at the end?
Browser Pony Requests
Browser Pony requests! ouo
If you want me to make you a browser pony, then send me a message. I can’t:
. Make alternate bodies because I am untalented.
. Make black alicorns with rainbow manes (or any other clique OC type that goes directly against the show.)
In fact, I’d advise you to go to the ponyreviews.tumblr.com blog and submit your OC. ;)
Name, color palette, and a description of the manecut and cutiemark. Head up, down, or normal? A reference would be nice but I know some people don’t have them.
well actually it doesnt have to be a pony, because i could just get a pokemon walking/flying gif and give it the pony code. ;o
or a little cloud or something
Also, answering that ask made me just notice this in the tags! So nice of you to offer! -M
Hey I cant submit anything (I dont own a computer so I use mobile tumblr from my tablet) so do you think I can put some special tag on a post of my oc and then you guys review it through reblogging and stuff? If I can please tell me the tag. :)
Hm, I’ve never done this before, honestly! Sure, let’s go with the blog name, #ponyreviews. -M
Hey! I was wondering, have you ever come across an Draconequus based oc before? Y'know the thing Discord is? Like Discord isn't the only one of his kind is he? They speak of him in the show as if there is more then just him, ex: "That's a Draconequus"
I never have, no! I think that even though Discord seems to be one of a species, since he is such a majorly powerful character in the show, most people may find it strange to make another of his species?
I think it’s kinda like how some mythical creatures, like the Sphinx, sometimes are referred to as having that name as their species, but are also the only one of their kind in some myth canons. ‘That is a sphinx’ vs. ‘that is the sphinx’. Y’know? -M
I was thinking of making some oc's. I'm new to the fandom, and I had an idea for a fic and would like an opnion. I don't got the oc's done, but I have planed for 3, they haven't met before, but like I want this to involve discord or something for the main plot. Somehow, I'll think of a way later,Discord gets a hold of each individual pony, wipes them of memory of their previous life and yes, uses them as his own puppets to counter the elements of harmony as his own elements of chaos?more detail?
Could be interesting! I just think you should make sure to design the ponies before you decide on their elements, though- this way they won’t seem too phoned in, if you catch my drift. The characters should come before the elements, not vice versa. I also think there should probably be 6 so they match the Elements of Harmony in power?
You may also want to consider making your own OC villian to do this since Discord is kinda played out at this point in the show itself. -M
I made some fanart of Cutie Critic! I hope you like it ^u^
- Ahhhh, this is so cute!!! Thank you! (P.S. Your art is coming along really well!! This looks great!) -M
Hey Jade Clover person! Why don't you make her mane the colour of the clover and the body white?
That’s a possibility! A cream or light brown or light gray might also look nice, or even a less neutral color that goes with green. -M
This is my MLP FIM FC, Jade Clover. She is a unicorn whose talent is to make lucky charms. She lives in ponyvile, away from the town. Jade isnt use to being with other ponies which causes her to feel slightly awkward. I dont really have much for her backstory yet… other than losing her parents and was found by a family who took her in, Afterwards choosing to live alone, not wanting to be a burden to them anymore.
Do you think maybe I should change the cutiemark? or change colour scheme or anything else?
- Hm, well, I’m honestly having a little bit of difficulty telling what is going on in the cutie mark! I see the clover, but the lighter green ring going around it is throwing me off. Yeah, I recommend changing it to something more easily identifiable.
- As for the color scheme, I think the washed out greens and browns are way too muddy. I’d really like to see a color scheme that uses much stronger, richer colors, like the ones you used in the cutie mark! Especially if her name has a word like ‘jade’ in it- you’ll want to use the color of jade, which is a very strong green! I’d also recommend having her mane be green instead of her body, so her green cutie mark isn’t laying on top of a green coat. Similarly, it’ll mean her green magic won’t be coming from a green horn- do you see what I’m saying?
- Hope that helps! -M