My take on the founders of Equestria
- Sorry for taking so long with this one! I wanted to rewatch the episode before doing this review and I kept not having the time. Anyway, let’s see here!
- Fluttershy (as Private Pansy) addresses Commander Hurricane as ‘her’- and though she also calls her ‘sir’ I think the usage of ‘sir’ to address higher-ups of both genders is common in the MLP world, which leads me to believe that Commander Hurricane is actually meant to be a mare.
- Aside from that, as far as the general design goes, it’s pretty good. Though, I think I’d actually like to see them with a slightly lighter coat (to stand out against their black armor) and a gray-ish mane like the crest on their helmet, similar to how the crest on Shining Armor’s helmet also matched his mane.
- The yellow was a good choice for their eyes because of the yellow again on the armor, but rather than a sword crossing in front of the hurricane in their cutie mark, I’d actually try to incorporate a lightning bolt, again to bring it back to their armor’s design.
- I love the cutie mark! It’s very G1-princess-ish.
- I think my only critique here is that you have to remember that Rarity’s costume for the play was probably based on something the princess actually wore, which wouldn’t really complement well with a brown mane. Just something to consider!
- Cute! I especially like how his manecut does the same flippy thing he pudding does. I’d like to see that in his tail’s style, too.
- I also love how his eyes match the color of the pudding cup!
- I think my only critique is that his hoof color seems weird because of that green-ish tint- I think they’d look better if they matched his mane.
- Though, was Chancellor Puddinghead even a stallion? I know ‘chancellor’ is traditionally a masculine title, but the costume for the character seemed pretty feminine to me. Hm, dunno!
- Cute! I think this might be my favorite design of the bunch.
Clover the Clever
- This is an interesting design, and I quite like it, though I’m a bit unsure about the cutie mark. I understand the clover and the star for magic, since they were Starswirl’s apprentice, but the fire seems to make the cutie mark a little cluttered. They affirm that the ‘Fire of Friendship’ spell has ‘never happened before’ so I doubt their special talent was fire magic from the outset.
- Another good design, though I wonder how well these colors would work with the colors of the outfit… There probably wouldn’t be an issue, but it would be interesting to put the outfit on this model to see how everything looks. Actually, that may be a good course to take with all of the designs for a final check on color palettes. Interesting interpretations, though! -M
Oh my goodness, bless that anon, I was sure I saw one with a cutie mark but couldn't find it so I wasn't sure if I should use it or not and I wanted to give one to my merpony sooo badly. ANON, YOU ROCK!
Haha, indeed! It’s always good when someone factchecks me, since I only have the images on My Little Wiki to go by when it comes to toy-only ponies I never owned personally. -M
on the species list under mermaid ponies, it says the don't have cutie marks, but shaped jewelry, although in the G3.5 mermaid toy line, the cutie marks are on the top of the end fin of the tail. :)
Oh, interesting! I’ve never owned one so I wasn’t sure. Thank you, I’ll change it now! -M
How long does it generally take you to review a pony?
Depends on how long the waiting list is, really! Right now a bunch of people just submitted, so the wait is longer than usual. But sometimes the inbox is practically empty and ponies get turned around within the day.
I do three reviews a day and I get to submissions when I get to ‘em. Though I may not be able to do any this weekend since I’ve got a wedding to attend. Sorry! -M
itmustbethursday answered your question: Another browser pony has been added, everyone…
I personally liked just one, but I would put an absolute cap on 5. Is there any way to auto-swap them to rotate? That’d work nicely.
I wish! That’d make my life a lot easier, haha.
It seems like the general consensus is 3-5, so I’ll try and keep it around there. Thanks for the feedback, everyone who responded! -M
Hey, I'm working on a search and rescue pony (I'm not sure what species I want him to be though...) who deals with ponies/animals lost in the dark, the woods, or during storms. I'm thinking his cutiemark/name sake will be based off of a lantern or stars, such as Searchlight or Stars Ablaze... Do you think he should have a more natural color pallet or something with more vibrant colors?
Searchlight!! What a cute name!!
And for species, I totally vote pegasus.
As for the color palette, it’s gonna depend a lot on the cutie mark’s design. You want something that really makes the cutie mark pop, especially if it’s gonna be something ‘illuminated’. Dark colors with one prominent bright color that also appears in his mane/eyes might be the best way to go, but I can’t really give you specifics until you start designing. But my advice is to pick one loud color (probably yellow? maybe orange?) and emphasize/compliment it all over the place. -M
What do you reccomend the name be for a pony associated with fire/fire-fighting? He's a colt with a fiery color-scheme...just not sure what to name him.
There’s a lot of possibilities! What’s their special talent? -M
EDIT: Oops, I just realized you said fire-fighting! Silly me. Well, here’s a glossary of fire fighter terms to help you pick something out! Pick a few and we can go over which would work best.
Horte Cuisine (a background pony from the Ticket Master) seems to be french.
Mm, I guess that possible! But since he doesn’t speak as far as I remember there’s nothing really to go on except for looks- and I guess he does fit a pretty stereotyped French waiter profile, but who knows. -M
I'm ponifying a french friend but I'm kind of curious as to whether I should make him a pony or maybe a Gryphon? I mean, we had Gilda and Gustave so I don't know whether to assume they're the french counterparts (seeing how the latter had a french accent) of Equestria. Maybe I'm just pulling stuff out of nowhere and should just go with pony but I want to be sure.
I’d ask your friend what they’d prefer! I think it’d be kinda cute if griffons were the pony stand-in for the French, but I’m sure there’s been a French stereotype pony at some point… it’s just escaping me right now. Can anyone think of an instance? -M
Hey, regarding that pony with brown hair and a rainbow streak, I thought that, seeing how dyeing hair is canon *cough*mayormare*cough* maybe her pony could dye that streak instead of having it naturally? I think she'd look better without it though, but if she really likes this then this might work??
Maybe, but dyeing in a rainbow streak all the time would be… well, tedious, ahaha. -M