Nah. I used to run a Homestuck review blog, but it got way too stressful, so I’d rather not.
No idea, my friend. It gets updated when the artist sends me the new art. -M
- Let’s start with design! It’s hard to critique the color scheme since her eyes are closed, but if her eyes match her cutie mark, then I think this is a pretty simple but solid and cute color scheme!
- The cutie mark is simple, but there’s nothing wrong with that, really. If you want to add some more spice to it, though, you could add stuff like: hair being cut, a bottle of hairspray, a mirror, more scissors, a shampoo bottle, a barber’s pole… anything you’d find in a hair salon!
- Cute name! I’d write it as two words, though, ‘Feather Cut’, since the actual haircut is spelled that way.
Cutie Mark: A pair of scissors. (Sorry it’s a bit too close to Snips cutie mark, I couldn’t think of anything else.) Feathercut got her cutie mark much later then all the other foals and fillies. Feathercut really never put much effort into trying to find her cutie mark. But one day when she was around 3 (In pony years) years old, Feathercut had decided she had too much free time, and decided to get a job so she would no longer have to depend on her parents for bits. It was a win for her, and her family. Flying up and down and all around Cloudsdale, the only place she could find that needed help was The Cloudsdale Mane Saloon, trying her luck, she quickly applied, hoping that she would get the job. The next day, she was informed she had got the job, she went to her work right away. After she had finished her first client’s mane, uncontrollable proudness filled her. And suddenly her cutie mark appeared, her special talent was styling manes!
- You may want to rethink this backstory unfortunately, because you actually need to get a license from a cosmetology school to work in a hair salon or barber shop! You wouldn’t be able to get a haircutter job just by applying- you need to go to school for it first, legally. Here’s an article to help with your research!
Job: Works at The Cloudsdale Mane Saloon
Personality: Easy going, Takes a while to catch on to things, Chatty, Doesn’t tell her friends about the bad things going on in life afraid she’ll ruin their day, Doesn’t realize it but some of the things she says are rude.
Side Notes: Slow flier, Used to take a special flight class but quit.
- She’s cute! Overall my biggest critique is that you need to do a bit of research into how hair salons work, as there’s a lot of training and intricacies needed to actually get into the hair-cutting business, and you’ll want to understand that business in order to do your character justice. Best of luck! -M
Red Herring, a detective unicorn OC of mine. I don’t have much info as of now, so design review?
Also, sorry for being Anon- I would like this public. C:
- Love the concept! But I don’t think the gray-green body color compliments the bright red hair very well. The green works in the eyes, but not on her coat. You’ll want to go with a color that makes the red look slightly less intense- in the show, bright red manes are often offset by creams, pale yellows, or even gray-blues. Then, you may want to incorporate the green back into her hat, hairties, cutie mark, and magic rather than using grays/blacks. This will make her color scheme a bit more lively! -M
So have these design concepts I have for Wonder. I personally think the white looks weird as freckles, and now she looks a bit like Applejack, but that’s just me. What do you think?
- I think the freckles might be overwhelming because there’s too many of them- on both her nose bridge and cheeks is just too much. I’d go with the standard MLP freckle design at the corner of the eye (Babs Seed, Blossomforth, etc.)
- As far as the hair goes, though, I’m torn between the second and third designs. It feels like the white is too much, but the yellow by itself is too little… Maybe both problems with the freckles and mane could be solved by adding just a tinge of yellow to the white, so it’s an off-white cream or a pastelly yellow instead of stark white? -M
I still like it, I’m just not up to date on the comic at all. Gonna wait until the final update, and then catch up. -M
I would go with ‘Gutsy’ rather than ‘Gusty’, if that wasn’t a typo.
Er, wait. I’m pretty sure that’s a Homestuck character. Maybe use a different ‘G’ word, then. -M
Mmm, it’s up to you! If it doesn’t bother you to reuse a name then that’s really your call. It would bother me personally, but that’s me.
If you want to change it, though, there’s tons of surf-type names you could go with! Surf’s Up, Waverider, Cowabunga, Beach Bum, Hang Loose… -M
Well, the term ‘squeaky clean’ comes from the squeaky sound you hear when a window or plate or something of that nature is completely clean, right? So, a window with a squeegee on it, or a plate being cleaned by a sponge/cloth would probably do the trick! -M